Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10th book done, double digits!!!

Our Stories, Our Songs: African Children Talk about AIDSOur Stories, Our Songs: African Children Talk about AIDS by Deborah Ellis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is about different kids with different lives that live in Africa, that have been somehow effected by AIDS. Either they have AIDs or they have been affected by it. My favorite story is Grace. She is an HIV positive girl discriminated against by her family. They gave her, her own soap, cup, and toothpaste and told her not to use anyone elses. She does a counseling career with her friend Liz, who is also HIV positive. I like this book because the stories are very interesting and the pictures are very good. I recommend this book for people who want to go to Africa to help people with AIDS.



View all my reviews
If you want to read about the orphans, mom bought this book, so you can borrow it from me. It makes you learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment